All students identified as Native American - Native Alaskan, Native Hawaiian, and Canadian First Nations need to fill out a ED 506 form for each student registering at Rochester Public School District. This group includes enrolled members, children or grandchildren of enrolled members, and adopted native children.
Title VII - ED 506 Form: Information and Instruction
Rochester Public School District is applying for Title VII funding to support and enhance our Native American education plan. This form is only required to be filled out once and kept on file by the Rochester Public School Native American Education Program. Thank you in advance for complying with our federal requirements.
Parents/Guardians, please clearly print information on forms.
NOTE: ED 506 Form must be filled out by the parent/guardian, not school staff. This form must be completely filled out to the best of your ability in order to be counted for Title VII.
Step-By-Step Form Completion Instructions:
1. Form is Available at the Records & Registration Office or Click Here to save a workable form. Save the form first to your computer than fill it out and re-save.
2. Fill out student information. Full name as it appears on enrollment records, Date of Birth, Current School Name, and Grade of student.
3. Fill out name of Tribe or band associated with either student or student’s parent or grandparent. Identify name of individual enrolled with tribal membership.
4. Mark corresponding box for Tribe/Band: Federally Recognized, State Recognized, or Terminated Tribe (with corresponding documentation).
5. Provide Name and address of the Tribe or Band of enrolled individual. Click here for list of Tribal Administrations.
6. Provide enrollment number if available.
7. Provide signature and contact information.
8. Submit to American Indian Liaison Office, located on the second floor of the Edison Administration Building.
If you have questions please contact:
Native American Liaison
American Indian Education
615 7th Street SW
Rochester, MN 55902